Please enjoy this 5 bedroom, 3 full & 2 half bath, 1-car garage, 3460 finished sq.ft. end unit townhouse with an elevator in the Landmark Mews community located in Alexandria, Virginia.
The quality and scope of the upgrades throughout the house present a rarely found opportunity – A truly move-in ready home located inside the Beltway with immediate access to 395/495/95, but within a tree-lined community in a Park-like setting. Landmark Mews is also uniquely positioned for residents to reap “livability” and house valuation benefits from the forthcoming Landmark Mall redevelopment and other planned projects along the Landmark-Van Dorn Corridor.
A full description of the house features and upgrades and the Landmark Mews community is provided below.
A detailed summary is also provided on the announced mixed-use redevelopment plan for Landmark Mall with Inova as the anchor client building a new flagship Alexandria hospital and Foulger-Pratt as the local developer.
- The elegance of this house starts at the curb, with the professionally designed, low-maintenance landscaping wrapping around the side of the house. The 3-column Portico entry provides a pleasing architectural detail, as well as protection from inclement weather.
- Once inside, the house opens to a view of the DR & LR. Stained glass windows flanking the door create a welcoming entrance to the home.
- The fully remodeled kitchen has a layout ready for the cook at work, with Quartz counters, Kitchenaid appliances, custom cabinetry with an extended pantry, ample prep room, & counter seating for two. The kitchen has space for a table for informal dining, with a double window providing natural light.
- The Main Level has hardwood floors throughout.
- The elevator is centrally-located on each level to accommodate single-level living needs. The elevator also serves as a convenient means to move heavy or cumbersome objects to other floors, or as a dumbwaiter to use when entertaining.
- A wood-burning fireplace adds to the warmth of the Living Room.
- The Dining Room is sized to accommodate a large table, with a wall of three windows providing natural light.
- A large deck overlooking one of the Community’s landscaped walking paths to the central Commons allows the outside beauty to be enjoyed. The deck has stairs to the large flagstone patio, which has raised planting beds and fountain that create a private outdoor space to relax or entertain.
- A fully upgraded half bath is also located on the Main Level.
- The Owner’s suite bedroom is large enough to make a King-size bed look small, with mature trees behind the house providing a pleasing view and privacy.
- The Owner’s suite bathroom is fully remodeled with high-end finishes that create a Spa look and feel. The oversized shower enclosure has enough variety in the water-dispensing modes to both impress and satisfy.
- The Owner's Suite walk-in closet has floor-to-ceiling custom storage shelving and cabinets.
- The 2nd & 3rd bedrooms are located on this level, with each large enough to easily accommodate a Queen bed.
- A fully remodeled bathroom on this level serves these two bedrooms.
- The 4th & 5th bedrooms are located on the Upper Level.
- The 4th bedroom is a luxurious and expansive Guest suite, with 3 dormers adding natural light. This bedroom also has a large walk-in closet with a seating area & custom storage options.
- The 5th bedroom has both a walk-in closet & access to walk-in attic storage.
- The Upper Level has the 3rd fully remodeled bathroom, with a skylight adding natural light to this space.
- The Lower Level is large enough for three distinct seating areas, with space for a TV watching area, a cozy spot in front of the gas fireplace, and a wine or game table. The wet bar has space for a buffet set up with cabinets providing ample storage options. A built-in desk & cabinets also provide a work space option.
- An upgraded half bathroom is located on the Lower Level.
- The large laundry room located on this level has custom storage cabinets throughout.
- All light fixtures in the house have been upgraded.
- The professionally designed landscaping is kept in its lush state by an in-ground irrigation system, with the HOA providing mowing, mulching, and pruning if so desired.
- House windows replaced with vinyl-clad, double-hung windows.
- Both HVAC systems replaced in 2012.
- HWH replaced in 2015.
- Roof replaced in 2020.
The 1-car garage has cabinets for storage on the side and back, with a tall ceiling to accommodate a variety of storage systems.
Visitor parking is located close by along Manchester Way & Bedlington Terrace, with each option less than a 30 second walk to the front door. Residents can also park in Visitor parking overnight.
From the patio, the landscaping walking path with low voltage lighting leads to the central Commons, discussed in the Community details section below.
Landmark Mews Community Details:
Landmark Mews is a community of 148 townhouses located just inside the Beltway, with immediate access to 395/495/95 and a bus to the Van Dorn Metro that you can catch with a 10-minute walk from the front door. The Van Dorn Metro is located less than a 10-minute drive. Dining, shopping, recreational, and cultural options found in Washington DC, Old Town Alexandria, Arlington, and Tysons are within easy reach. A wide range of regular Life necessities are all within 10-15 minutes from Landmark Mews. The St. James, a 450,000 sq.ft. sport, wellness, and lifestyle complex is a 10 minute drive.
In 2020, Landmark Mews completed a two-year renovation of its entire landscaping, which includes installation of LED pathway lighting. The community also has a large central grass Commons with walking paths, benches, and landscaping that creates a space for a peaceful walk or quiet reflection, with this green space located a short stroll from the front door. With the extensive landscaping, mature trees, and brick driveways and front walks throughout the community, Landmark Mews provides its residents with eye-pleasing views to enjoy outside their home every day.
The planned redevelopment projects within Alexandria's West End are located to benefit the community from their proximity. Landmark Mews will offer its residents easy access to the shopping, dining, and entertainment amenities in these projects, yet you get to live in a Park-like setting, with a neighborhood look and feel.
Landmark Mews is uniquely positioned to derive maximum "livability," health-related, and location-driven community appeal and valuation benefits from the Landmark Mall Redevelopment project (see below).
Landmark Mews also offers its residents access to Fios high speed internet.
Update On Alexandria West End Redevelopment Projects:
On December 22, 2020, the City of Alexandria announced the plan to redevelop Landmark Mall, with Inova as the anchor client and Foulger-Pratt as the local developer. The City’s announcement and information regarding the project can be viewed at the following links (City 12-22-2020 press announcement and Landmark Mixed Use Redevelopment January 4, 2021 Community Information Session presentation (link is to YouTube video of presentation/the presentation slides are uploaded to this property website)).
Inova will build a new World-class hospital complex with a:
- 230 in-patient hospital (all private rooms);
- Level II Trauma Center (1 of 3 in NoVa);
- Level III NICU;
- Comprehensive cancer care center;
- Advanced services for obstetrics, heart & vascular, & neurosciences; and
- Medical office building for 50 specialty physicians.
The new Landmark will be a community gathering place for Alexandria's West End, with residential, retail, and restaurants, 3.5 acres of public parks, a minimum of 25% open space for each block, a transit hub, and a new fire station.
Construction is scheduled to commence in 2023, the first non-hospital buildings will be ready in 2025, and the new Inova Alexandria hospital is scheduled to open in 1st Quarter of 2028.
Apart from bringing a World-class hospital and shopping, dining, entertainment options five minutes from Landmark Mews, the Landmark project will be a catalyst for other planned development projects that will bring additional options for livability benefits along the Landmark-Van Dorn Corridor, such as Landmark Overlook, Greenhill South, Avanti 550, and others.
Bella Casa Partners™ is an agent team of KELLER WILLIAMS® United Alexandria-Kingstowne. Licensed in Virginia. Each office is independently owned and operated. If you are currently under a brokerage agreement with another agency, this is not a solicitation. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. All properties are subject to prior sale, rental, or other disposition.
Bella Casa Partners™ is a trademark of Bella Casa Partners, LLC. The KW logo is a trademark of KELLER WILLIAMS® real estate brokerage. © 2014-2021 Bella Casa Partners, LLC. (License No. 0226031610).